Sunday, January 20, 2008

Videojournalism with no voice

We've looked at styles and production in detail and I'll be unveiling some interesting stuff in the near future.

A radio interview that really interests me includes a 20 min interview with Louis Farakhan, plus some other well know US writers.

And from the 1994 epochal assembly of US journalists of colour, Unity 94, interviews galore talking about a range of subjects.

How interesting for me, since OJ Simpson was on the menu then; he's about to be on again.

These however are radio pieces, but are an additional and necessary quotient to the VJs armoury.

We speak very little about the voice in VJ reports, as a core group of VJs don't voice over.

But the voice, and you don't need me to tell you is an instrument which is a k.app for reportage, videojournalism reportage particularly newspapers.

So how do you use it, appear natural on tape, project, set up a confrontation to match the pictures, create your ideal range, and sometimes just leave it alone?

I had on and off a number of sessions of voice training with the BBCs voice unit when it was around and I'll be talking about some of the things that helped me and might work for you.

No comments: