Friday, November 07, 2008

Videojournalism driven programmes


Filmminute from david dunkley gyimah on Vimeo.

Their show now successfully over, I feel I can now bring you the odd insert from the filminute.com global show.

The group behind this have an awesome product, which they've planned to turn into a show.

I suppose the point with this is that video journalism goes beyond clip-cut news and can be developed into something that can create a raft of progs.

This was a 2 hour shoot on location starting cold.

We ( Sabaa, Filminute exec) and I met at 12, storyboarded and prepped by 1 pm, and then rang up Selfridges, where the event was showing in a purpose built cinema.

By 2 we were at Selfridges, one of london's premier stores.

We started filming; he presenting around 2.30

By 4.30 we'd wrapped.

Editing at home took me about 5hours with post; reason, I was playing around with tone and we also had to synch the right music.

If I were to do this again, I'd attach my new prime lens to achieve shallow depths of film ie enhance the film look

No comments: