Friday, January 15, 2010

Video: Videojournalism – past, present and future


Videojournalism – has it lived up to expectation?



Yesterday was a rather frenetic day.

Following a judging session in the morning assessing for the RTS (the UK equivalent of the EMMYS) on what would be the UK's most innovative news item from broadcasters, I went to NewsRewired.

This is the talk I gave.

I'm exteremly grateful to those who twittered nice things such as:
@Sarah_Booker, @twofourseven, @richardkendall, @JoshHalliday, @citizenside, @sashers, @moomoobull, @timesjoanna, @MarkJones, @ilicco, @aaroscape, @egrommet,@JTownend @Sarah_Booker, @david_elks, @AdamWestbrook

There's so much we can talk about regarding Videojournalism.

Here's something that m ay interest you. How to conduct an interview with one camera and a swift turn around.

Here's the finished product and then how I made it. The editing, when I did the same thing in Norway (This one your watching was in Podgorica) too 9 minutes to get online.

Results - How to create a multiple angle interview in 3 mins from david dunkley gyimah on Vimeo.



How I made this

Untitled from david dunkley gyimah on Vimeo.